"Mihawk Zombie Power" by PikoloZ-Dreamin added 29 August 2014
On Trafalgar Law's backstory (One Piece spoilers)To tell a story, you must do researches.On Trafalgar Law's backstory (One Piece spoilers) by MajorasMasks
Even when writing a fantasy, it's important to tie it to the real world and to real events, or at least to get inspired by them. Otherwise, your story could feel too generic and not compelling. This also applies to comics, of course, and the example I'm going to use is from a manga, in other words a Japanese comic.
The manga I'm talking about is One Piece by Eiichiro Oda, and even if I'll try to avoid major revelations, if you aren't up to date with the Japanese chapters it would be a good idea to stop reading now. Instead, if you either know about the most recent events in the Dressrosa story arc or don't really care about spoilers, please read ahead.
I don't want to bore you, so here you are just briefly recap the latest events shown in the manga: Trafalgar Law, one of the most prominent character of the aforementioned story arc, who is currently fighting with the protagonist (the infamous Monkey D. Luffy) against the main villain of this saga
Soul Anchor Chapter III - Restless Mind [PengxLaw]Soul Anchor Chapter III - Restless Mind [PengxLaw] by MatterOfHeart
For a moment Penguin stayed in front of the cabin of his captain. He looked to the right side along the empty corridor up to the corner, which around the left it led to more cabins and to the galley as well as outside. Earlier he had came together with Law from there.
And probably even now they were the only ones on board. Except of Kanaye, who was on guard duty this evening and was therefore on his way around the ship now, if he had not snatched one of Law’s medical books after all and was reading it right now. The others were certainly on the road. Otherwise it had not been that quiet, since drunken pirates were rarely soft-footed going in their cabins. And at least probably Ban had laid down together with not less than one woman. Penguin had to grin: Right now he envied him not a bit. Instead he turned to the left where the grey steel walls continued the corridor the same as on the other side too, only mirror-inverted, so you could get from both sides to the lower weather deck
Flirting in winter| Portgas D. Ace x ReaderFlirting in winter| Portgas D. Ace x Reader by Galactic-Oceans
It was fucking cold.
Sure, it was winter and it's supposed to be cold and all, but still, this was too much. It had to be below freezing out here! Winter is supposed to be full of sweaters and cuddling and warm fires, dammit! Unfortunately, I had neither sweaters or someone to cuddle... and I'm pretty sure Whitebeard wouldn't be too happy to see someone of his crew stealing some wood from the ship and lighting it on fire. So, I stuck with me sitting on the crow's nest, huddled into a blanket, freezing my ass off. I admired the way smoke puffed out of my mouth every time I exhaled and looked up at the cloudy sky. They said heat rises, and I'm here to test that theory.
It's a goddamn lie.
Getting more bored and colder by the second, I quickly made my way down the ladder and onto the deck. Wrapping my blanket around myself, I started to shuffle over to my room inside, hoping that it'll be at least a bit warmer. I then crashed into something, a warm something at that. I sighed in re
|More Journal Entries|
Any One Piece fan is free to join this group as a member! Just click the button above reading "Join our Group". All join requests are automatically approved. You can also simply +watch our group if you're not interested in submitting fan art or participating in group activities.
Deviation Submission Instructions and Rules
- Click on "Gallery".
- Find the appropriate folder into which your deviation belongs and click the + to the right of the folder title.
- Select the deviation you wish to submit and click "OK".
- Only members can submit their deviations. Do not submit others' deviations, they will be declined.
- The content of submitted deviations must be created by you. If the work is a collaboration, it must state so clearly in the deviation's description and must credit the other artists who worked on the piece.
- Deviations must show effort on the artist's part. Please do not submit incomplete work or simple sketches/doodles/et cetera. Submissions will never be declined based on skill-level, only effort-level.
- Copying, tracing, recoloring, or otherwise plagiarizing official artwork or another artist's artwork is not allowed in this group.
- Fan characters must not be depicted alone or in a ratio more than 1:1 with official One Piece characters. It is strongly suggested that crossovers also follow the 1:1 ratio.
- All images must be well-cropped, -lit, -scanned, -photographed, and otherwise well-presented, as applicable. Please do not submit deviations with distracting elements (such as a piece that was drawn on lined paper).
- Submit & run will not be tolerated. If you join the group, submit work, then leave the group, your work will be removed. Depending on how much inconvenience your actions generate, you may even be banned to prevent it from happening again.
To reiterate, we do not accept:
- Fan characters depicted with official characters at more than a 1:1 ratio. Crossovers with other official anime/manga/movies/et cetera are accepted.
- Any kind of copying from official art. Art theft is not tolerated.
- Sketches, doodles, or other work that does not show obvious effort on the artist's part.
- Poorly cropped, scanned, or photographed images.
- Official screencaps or manga scans.
- Artworks that have distracting elements such as dirt or creases.
- Deviations which break deviantART rules.
In order to ensure our affiliates are quality groups we can feel confident in recommending to our members, we have laid down these standards which all affiliates must meet:
- The focus/subject matter of a group must be directly related to One Piece.
- Groups must have at least 50 members (watchers don't count).
- Groups must have been in existence for six months minimum.
- A group's attitude and behavior must be positive and semi-professional.
- Inactive groups will not be accepted or will be removed from our affiliates roster, as the case dictates.